The political online magazine said those supporters include Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, Boeing, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Comcast, Ford, Freddie Mac, General Motors, Goldman Sachs, GE, PepsiCo, and Shell.
These companies make five and six figure donations.
Every time you buy their products or do business with them, you are subsidizing this hustler.
This situation will continue until there is a response by customers and shareholders like you and me.
With your help, we will show corporate executives that they will pay a price for caving in to Jackson.
NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE CUTS OFF JACKSON
In 2002, Newsmax.com targeted the NYSE. Disgraced NYSE Chairman Richard Grasso lavished hundreds of thousands of dollars on Jackson. He lent NYSE prestige to Jackson’s “Wall Street Conference” by sponsoring the event, and speaking at it.
They kept on the pressure for three years.
In 2005, the media confirmed that the NYSE had ended support of Jackson’s groups as a result of NLPC protests.
Newsmax has now turned our attention to individual companies. They ask the reader for a tax-deductible gift today in support of this effort.
CONFRONTING CORPORATE AMERICA
In 2006 and 2007, they sponsored shareholder proposals with Jackson’s major corporate supporters. They attacked their support for this demagogue directly to the CEOs, with their boards and many shareholders looking on.
Last year, Peter Flaherty, President of National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC), spoke before 18,000 people at the Wal-Mart annual meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He was put up on a big screen in the Bud Walton Arena.
Flaherty explained that how, under attack from Jesse Jackson, Wal-Mart had put a Jackson crony named Christopher Williams on its board of directors. Flaherty said, “Did that shut up Jackson? No, not at all.”
This spring, Newsmax is sponsoring shareholder proposals at Anheuser-Busch, Boeing, GE and United Airlines.
JESSE JACKSON HAS NO CLOTHES
Flaherty said, I think that the executives who “play ball” with Jesse Jackson know exactly what they are dealing with: a racial extortionist whose real agenda is not civil rights, but his own enrichment.
The emperor of “racial justice” has no clothes.
Most Americans fully understand what Jackson is up to, including most African-Americans.
I believe that this provides us with an opportunity. No one is comfortable defending the indefensible. So let’s make these bigshot executives do it!
Our goal is nothing short of ending all corporate support for Jesse Jackson.
Your gift today will help us build on extensive actions to date. Go Here Now.
NLPC is the only organization that regularly monitors and documents the statements and actions of Jesse Jackson.
Flaherty said he had been a guest 11 times on The O’Reilly Factor on Fox News Channel to discuss Jesse Jackson!
We are in this fight for the long term.
WHAT IS NLPC?
Founded in 1993, our mission is to promote ethics in public life. We have a track record of accomplishment:
* 1993 — NLPC successfully sued Hillary Rodham Clinton’s secret health care task force to open its meetings and records. In their recent books, both Hillary and former Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal acknowledged NLPC’s role in sinking her plan.
* 1996 — Liberal FDA Commissioner David Kessler resigned soon after NLPC secured documents under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) showing that he overbilled his expense reimbursements.
* 2003 — NLPC exposed the Boeing Tanker Deal Scandal, eventually sending two Boeing executives to jail, and saving taxpayers $4-5 billion, and perhaps a lot more.
* 2005 — Two PACs associated with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) were fined $21,000 as a result of a FEC Complaint.
* 2006 — We exposed the earmarking scandal involving Rep. Alan Mollohan (WV), and triggered an ongoing FBI investigation. Mollohan resigned as ranking Democrat on the House Ethics Committee.
* 2007 — Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) sold back land she had bought in a “sweetheart” deal a day after NLPC filed a Complaint with the Senate Ethics Committee.
In short, NLPC gets results! Through these successes, we have also built credibility.
We must now turn our experience and skills to exposing and stopping corporate America’s support for Jesse Jackson.
I refuse to join the political establishment and accept Jackson as a legitimate religious or political figure. You do not have to, either.
The (mostly white) liberal media has anointed him spokesman for African-Americans, when he is not.
Please consider a tax-deductible gift today. Go Here Now.
Most Americans are unaware that Jesse Jackson is bankrolled by corporate America. Your gift will allow us to expose and put an end to this shakedown.
P.S: Jesse Jackson himself has complained of NLPC’s “unending attacks.” Your gift today will help us keep them up.