In Dick Morris’ new book, “Fleeced,” he tries to bring the debate back down to earth, focusing on the specific plans that Obama has announced during his presidential primary campaign and discussing the consequences. This is the debate Barack Obama hopes he can avoid.
Have you wondered why Barak Obama is steering clear of debating real issues? He wants to talk about race–yes, believe it or not, because his supporters are giddy about the prospects of electing this country’s first black candidate. He wants to argue with conservatives, but wont bring issues into play because he knows he loses on the issues. Former Clinton White House adviser Dick Morris gave us the following list of bad tax things that will befall us if Obama is elected. Tell your friends. Obama is not good for America and aims to wreck our country, and here’s why:
Consider his proposals:
1. In effect, he would legislate a 60 percent tax bracket for upper-income Americans, killing all initiative and innovation. He’d raise the top bracket to 40 percent. He’d apply FICA taxes to all income, not just that under $100,000 as at present.
So add 40 percent plus FICA’s 12.5 percent plus Medicare’s 2 percent plus state and local taxes averaging, after deduction, at 5 percent-6 percent, and you have a 60 percent bracket.
2. He would double the capital gains tax, saddling the 50 percent of Americans who own stock with dramatically higher taxes.
3. He’d double the dividend tax, hitting elderly coupon-clippers now retired and depending on fixed incomes.
4. He wants to cover 12 million illegal immigrants with federally subsidized health insurance, dramatically driving up costs and forcing federal rationing of healthcare. As in the U.K. and Canada, you will not be permitted certain medical procedures if the bureaucrats decide you are not worth it.
5. He proposes requiring Homeland Security operatives to notify terror suspects that they are under investigation within seven days of starting the investigation.
He says that unless they can establish that there is “probable cause to believe that a certain individual is linked to a specific terrorist group,” Homeland Security cannot seize his documents and search his business. The current standard is only that the search be “relevant” to a terror investigation.
He does not oppose $5-per-gallon gasoline but only says that he wishes there had been a more “gradual adjustment” to the higher prices.
Obama can talk about the Rev. Wright and flag lapel pins and his wife’s love of America all day long. But what he resists is a specific discussion of his own plans for our country. That’s the discussion he fears and he avoids. And it’s the discussion John McCain must force upon him if he is to have any realistic chance of winning the election