>Dear Political Disconnect Friend,
The media and liberal politicians have delivered a steady drumbeat of retreat and defeat in Iraq but our soldiers and marines have a different story to tell. A new voice is telling the true story of sacrifice, heroism and yes — the success of our troops.
Reporter and former Green Beret, Michael Yon has written a ground-breaking new book, Moment of Truth In Iraq, that will keep you on the edge of your seat, put tears in your eyes, and hope in your heart.
General David Petraeus explains Yon’s work best: “He’s fearless… provides a candid, soldier’s-eye view… from the very unique perspective of being there with them for weeks and months at a time… delving deep into the human component.”
For a limited time, you can get a free copy of Michael Yon’s Moment Of Truth In Iraq with your subscription to Townhall Magazine. Now, I don’t generally ask bloggers to spend a dime for news, but because you care about our soldiers and marines I thought you might want to see this. Go to:
“I haven’t seen anything quite like the coverage in Michael Yon’s dispatches from Mosul ? a compelling narrative.”
— Michael Barone
“If you care about our soldiers in Iraq you MUST read Michael Yon’s new book. “
— Hugh Hewitt
Get A FREE copy of Yon’s book Moment of Truth in Iraq NOW!
Michael Yon has spent more time than any other reporter embedded with our marines, soldiers, and special ops teams patrolling the streets of Iraq. Moment Of Truth In Iraq is available FREE with your subscription to Townhall Magazine. Click here to get this $65 value for just $34.95 now!
In Moment Of Truth In Iraq, Michael Yon shares his heart-grabbing and riveting stories and photographs from the war zone. His cover photo of a soldier caring for an injured Iraqi child helped our troops win the hearts and minds of Iraqis and was named the Time Magazine Photo of the Year.
Moment of Truth in Iraq is packed with Yon’s trademark thrilling and often heart-rending tales from the battlefield. You’ll also read the untold stories of Iraq:
1. The American commander fed up with phony Al Qaeda ‘documentaries’ that showed terrorists shooting at bombed out American vehicles as if they had beaten us in open battle. The commander and his men staged the “bombing” of a broken down truck, then when the terrorists came to put on their act, Navy SEAL snipers killed every one.
2. Follow the exploits of the great “Deuce Four” battalion that became the center of a “warrior cult” dreaded by terrorists and revered by Iraqis.
3. Think Iraqi soldiers can’t fight? Read about the elite Iraqi SWAT team taking down a terror cell for the murder of four American soldiers and a brave Iraqi guide.
4. Think Americans are occupiers, not liberators, of Iraq? Tell that to the wounded Iraqi interpreter, who, convinced he was about to die, begged his U.S. commander to have his heart cut out and buried in America.
5. Learn why so many Iraqi boys dream of becoming American soldiers.
In Townhall Magazine’s June issue, reporter and former Green Beret, Michael Yon — embedded with soldiers and marines ? shares his views on Iraq as someone who has been-there-done-that.
In his exclusive report for Townhall Magazine, Yon details:
1. Why we initially failed.
2. The new model for countering insurgents.
3. Al Qaeda’s attempts to start a civil war.
4. How U.S. forces fought for the hearts and minds of Iraqis ? house by house.
5. How the “Surge” turned the corner for Iraq.
6. And General Patreaus’ next move.
Michael Yon’s report is in Townhall Magazine and you can get a free copy of the June issue today. Request your free issue of Townhall Magazine now.