Archive for the ‘License Illegal Aliens’ Category
>Obama’s Plan: Give Licenses To Illegal Aliens
These are not my words, but I agree with them entirely. They are the words of Maricopa County (AZ) Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Governor Romney’s Record posted January 5, 2008 on the PRIMARY NEWS 2008 NEW HAMPSHIRE blog. Since we are revisiting Obama’s plan to license all illegal alients, let’s see what a brighter mind had to say. What Mitt Romney said then still stands valid today, lest we forget. Had it not been for a quirk of fate (a mild way of saying it) in the Florida Primary Romney, not McCain, could have been the Republican presidential nominee. He was the best in both party primaries.
“I like his [Governor Romney’s] stance on illegal immigration. If you recall, he’s probably the first Governor that did make arrangements with ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) for that type of training that ICE and we do. I give him a lot of credit for that. … It is an important problem in the state of Arizona and the whole country. That’s one reason I support the Governor, versus many other reasons too. Unfortunately, we have a U.S. Senator from that important state [Arizona] that doesn’t give much emphasis to this most important problem.”
In December 2006, Governor Romney Signed A Memorandum Of Agreement With The Federal Government To Allow State Law Enforcement To Enforce Federal Immigration Laws. (Office Of Governor Mitt Romney, “Governor Romney, ICE Sign Immigration Enforcement Pact,” Press Release, 12/13/06)
Governor Romney Opposed Efforts To Give Driver’s Licenses To Illegal Immigrants. (Scott S. Greenberger, “Romney Stand Dims Chances Of License For Undocumented,” The Boston Globe, 10/28/03)
Governor Romney Vetoed In-State Tuition For Illegal Immigrants. (Office Of Governor Mitt Romney, “Romney Signs $22.402B Fiscal Year 2005 ‘No New Tax’ Budget,” Press Release, 6/25/04)
Rockingham County [NH] Attorney Jim Reams On Governor Romney’s Plan:
Rockingham County [NH] Attorney Jim Reams: “We’re very frustrated that nothing has been done. I’m here supporting Governor Romney because he’s a can-do person, and he understands this issue and he wants to fix it. I’m here to say please fix it. The entire system is frustrated with the failure to do so. I’m confident that Governor Romney will make it happen.”
- Secure The Border. Governor Romney will follow through on the Congressional commitment to build a physical and technological fence along the southern border, and secure other points of entry throughout the country.
- Implement A Mandatory And Enforceable Employment Verification System. Governor Romney will issue a biometrically-enabled and tamper-proof card to non-citizens and create a national database so employers can easily verify the legal status of non-citizens in this country.
- Hold Employers Accountable. Governor Romney will make it easier for employers to verify legal status and work authorization of non-citizens through a federal database. Employers will be held accountable if they hire illegal immigrants with stiffer fines and penalties.
- Reject Amnesty. Governor Romney opposes amnesty or any special path to citizenship for those here illegally.
- End The Magnet Of “Sanctuary Cities.” Governor Romney will cut back federal funding to cities that are “sanctuaries” for illegal immigrants.
- Oppose Any Special Benefits For Illegal Immigrants. Governor Romney opposes giving driver’s licenses or in-state tuition to those here illegally. He believes states should not provide those types of incentives. As President, he will cut back federal funding to states that do so.
- Promote State And Local Partnerships With Federal Immigration Officials. More state and local authorities should work with the federal government to enforce immigration laws.
- Improve Interior Enforcement. Governor Romney will provide additional resources to enforce existing immigration laws throughout the nation.
- Teach English In Our Schools. Governor Romney believes we must teach English in our classrooms because to be successful you have to speak the language of America.
- End Chain Migration. Governor Romney believes we should end the policy of chain migration that says if a child is born here to illegal immigrants then, by right, the entire family is brought in based upon that child’s citizenship.
- Encourage Legal Immigration. Governor Romney will streamline the visa system to recruit and retain skilled workers in high demand by U.S. companies. He will also welcome the best and the brightest from around the world to our universities.